Ownership and Use of Content
In using this site you agree that:
- its content, including software, photos, text, icons, video, graphics, music, sounds, images, and other materials is the property of the owners of this site or the owners of any software used in this site.
- its content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
- you may use its content only as expressly authorized in this site.
- you may not transfer, sell, reproduce, modify, distribute, display, incorporate into another web site, or generate derivative works from its content without the prior written express consent of the owners of this site.
On joining Quillcards, you must accept these terms. They are a legally binding agreement between you and the owners of Quillcards.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information including your account password. You are responsible for all uses of your information you have revealed to others and whether or not you have authorized such others to use this site. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your membership.
You agree that you will only use this site in accordance with these terms and you will indemnify us and compensate us in full for any losses or costs and legal fees we incur arising from any breach by you of these terms or arising out of your violation of the rights of any third party through this website.
You may not use this site if you are not able to form legally binding contracts.
You undertake that you will not:
- send spam ecards, including but not limited to, ecards to unknown business prospects.
- contact or keep on contacting anyone through Quillcards who has asked not to be contacted;
- send ecards or mail which contain defamatory, derogatory, offensive or libelous statements or that are obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, sexually explicit to the extent that would constitute unlawful use, or which contain any statement that would be unlawful under the laws of the United States or of the United Kingdom;
- send ecards or mail with the intent or purpose of inducing others to fall victim to a scam or with the intent of conspiring to commit a crime;
- send ecards or mail that advertise any service or the sale of any item the provision or sale of which is prohibited by the law of the country from which the ecard or mail emanates or to which it is sent;
- impersonate or falsely claim or misrepresent yourself to be any other person, body, or entity;
- breach any laws, including but without limitation infringing the copyright, trade mark, or other rights of third parties.
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Quillcards or the interests or property of Quillcards users including sending mail with the intention or effect of overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing" this site;
- except as expressly allowed by this site - copy, modify, or distribute the copyrighted works or trade marks of Quillcards or other content from this site, without our prior written express consent;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their express consent;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access this site for any purpose without our prior written express consent, nor bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to this site;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of this site;
- take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, in the assessment of which the considered judgement of the owners of this site shall be final and binding.
- transfer your membership to another party or share the same, without our prior express written consent.
The Limits Of Our Responsibility
We do not warrant that this site will operate free of error or that this site and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms.
We do not warrant that we will maintain the information recorded by you in your account. Therefore, you are advised to maintain additional email and other information about your contacts and recipients in your own records off-site.
We do not endorse the contents of any communications by members or other users or assume responsibility for any threatening, libellous, obscene, harassing, or offensive material contained in such communications; any infringement of third-party intellectual property rights arising out of them; or any crime facilitated thereby.
This site, including the blog, may contain links to other websites. If you follow those links, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
Our Rights And Remedies
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue you with warnings, limit, suspend, or terminate our services and your account(s), restrict your access to, and your activities on, this site if we think that you are creating problems (including, without limitation, by harassing the owners of Quillcards or other users or exposing us or another Quillcards user to financial loss or legal liability or if we think you are acting inconsistently within the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, any arrangement between you and Quillcards does not intend to and does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchisor-franchisee relationship.
Notices to us shall be sent using the email on the 'Contact Us' page of this site.
We shall send notices to you by email to the address you used when you sent ecards or if you are a member of Quillcards then to the address you gave when you became a member or, if you have subsequently updated such information in your account, to such email address as is current.
You agree that we may modify these terms by publishing them on this website. We shall notify you by email of any substantive changes, and your continued use of our service shall signify agreement to the changed terms.
Governing Law And Dispute Resolution
In the event of a dispute you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the UK courts.